Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Mr. M bought me this chocolate

Precious comes down stairs tonight eating a piece of chocolate. As soon as the other children smell anything that might be chocolate they come running.

Princess (the 6 year old): “I want Chocolate. Where’d she get chocolate?”
Mom: “I have no idea. Precious where did you get chocolate?”
Precious: “My Mr. M bought me this chocolate.”

Now here is where I should explain the Mr. M is the name the neighbor’s children call my husband. Precious has picked up on this and rather than calling him Daddy she’ll call him “My Mr. M”

Mom: “Ok, but where is it?”
Precious: “My Mr. M bought me this chocolate.”
Now all four other children: “We want chocolate. How come she gets chocolate and we don’t? That’s not fair…”

Once again it’s the implication that we might love one child more than the others from the ones who feel slighted to try to guilt Mom. It works, but only becasue I want some chocolate too. The desperate phone call is now made to my husband ….

Mom: “Did you buy chocolate today?”
Dad: Laughing …”Yes, but that was supposed to be my secret …”
Mom: “Well you’ve been given up. Precious got some out to eat but is not sharing where the stash is.”
Dad: “Do I have to tell?”
Other four Children in the background: “Dad, we want chocolate too!! Why does Precious get chocolate and we don’t?”
Mom: “I’m on the verge of a small riot here. Could you please tell me where the chocolate is?”
Dad: Laughing and enjoying this a bit too much. “It’s in the china cabinet, but don’t let the kids see where you get it from. I need a place to keep my secret chocolate.”
Mom: “I’ll try as long as you save some for me, but how did Precious get it out?”
Dad: “I’m not sure …That’s a mystery for you to solve.”

Well everyone got a piece of chocolate (I had two) and I still haven’t solved the mystery of how Precious got the first piece of chocolate. I think this one has learned from the mistakes of the others and knows not to leave the tell tale wrapper or chair next to the counter. This is very worrying. I count on the kids leaving clues behind to figure out who did what because they will cover for each other. I actual watched my oldest see one of other kids leave the milk out but when I asked him who did it. He said "I don't know it was out when I got here." I guess will have to punish that “NotMe” guy for a while.

No comments: