Monday, October 15, 2007

I’m too tired to sleep ….

So here is how bed time has started off tonight, 3 of the children are sleeping in their own beds. My second son is sleeping in Precious’ bed because it is quieter in the girl’s room. Precious is in bed with me because she’s still awake. Since the other children have school tomorrow, I’ve kept her with me so she will at least lie down and be quiet. Of course, she’s watching TV so, who knows when she’ll actually sleep, but that’s a separate issue. What this means is when my husband comes home he’ll probably sleep in our son’s bed because he won’t risk waking Precious moving her.

This sort of musical beds happens often in our house. Since my hubby works nights, he often comes home to find his side of the bed occupied because either someone had a bad dream or brothers who won’t stop making funny noises or the crickets are chirping too loud or “I’m too tired to sleep”. I really haven’t figured that one out – but it’s one I get quite often from my second son when he’s having trouble sleeping.

It’s not a regular thing with any one child; they seem to take turns. This makes me think there are secret meetings where the children plot things that will drive Mom and Dad crazy. Seriously, I think they draw straws to determine whose turn it is to act up each day.

Anyway, I know you all are thinking “Well it’s your own fault for letting them in your bed to begin with …” Well, true, but honestly this way I get more sleep. And I’m someone who needs her sleep. I learned this during the first few months of my oldest son’s life. I often term that time of my life “Survival.” And I still went on to have five more … figure that one out. I wonder if years from now my oldest will appreciate being the child we experimented on the most ...

No comments: