Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Another busy week ...

Once again it's been a while since I've posted anything. I'll try to be a better blogger.

Anyway, it has been another crazy week. We're getting ready for a major release at work and the chaos of the last few weeks before the big event has begun.

The stress level is pretty high. It's to the point that my co-workers were thoroughly convinced I was having a nervous breakdown at my desk the other day. I wasn't, at least not that day.

What I had mistakenly done was decide it was 4:30 in the afternoon and I would check out a link a friend had sent me because it had been a long, rough day. Well, it was a link to a blog entry that I totally identified with and found hysterically funny (mom2my6pack.blogspot.com - check out the entry about the pokemon cards). I was laughing so hard I was literally in tears. Now, I work in one of those open office environments - you know - no real walls, bull-pen type cubes. Anyway, everyone walking by thought I was sitting at my desk sobbing. They were sure that with everything I have to deal with it was only a matter of time. In a matter of minutes an impromptu meeting occurred to discuss who should come over and find out if I was OK. Well, apparently the Admin Assistant, who sits directly behind me, drew the short straw. She quietly walked up behind me and in the softest voice I've ever heard said "Michelle, are you OK?" When I turned around, you've never seen someone look more relieved when she realized I was laughing not crying. Apparently the thought was I had gone over the edge and HR was in the process of being contacted. Makes you wander what kind of image I present on a normal day, doesn't it?

No comments: