Monday, February 25, 2008

Should we go somewhere for spring break?

Ok, so the hubby and I are having a debate. Should we go out of town for the kid’s spring break or just take some time to hang at home and play tourist in our own town?

Things have been bad at work and I could use a real break for a few days. Maybe go down to the ocean – We’ve never been there in the off season.

There is a lot to do even in the spring and just hanging with the kids for a few days sounds like a good idea. I feel like I’ve been neglecting them a bit the last few weeks with all the extra work. I mean I’m home with them, but sitting on the sofa with the laptop and working. Precious is thoroughly convinced that the laptop is part of Mommy at this point.

Just the 7 of us. We rarely do that. Our summer vacation is a big family gathering at the beach with both of our families. It’s a great trip – a time to regroup and reconnect with our extended family. Other trips are usually to visit family and lately those have been for funerals, so out somewhere for fun with just us and the kids actually sounds like a treat.

We’ll see how things are going with this latest release. If it’s good through next week. Maybe I’ll go ahead and make the reservations …

I hear the sound of the surf now …

No comments: